- 0 of 1 copy available at Sechelt/Gibsons. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Gibsons Public Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Gibsons Public Library||FIC KING (Text)||30886001043781||Adult Fiction Hardcover||Volume hold||Checked out||01/24/2018|
- ISBN: 9780062662552 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 406 pages ; 21 cm
- Publisher: New York : Harper Voyager, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 2017.
- Copyright: ©2017.
|Summary, etc.:|| "A chilling dystopian tale of politics, inequality, marriage, love, and rebellion, set in a near-future China, which further explores the themes of the classic "The Handmaid's Tale" and "When She Woke." China's One Child Policy and its cultural preference for male heirs have created a society overrun by 40 million unmarriageable men. This is one such leftover man's quest for love and family under a State that seeks to glorify its past mistakes and impose order through authoritarian measures, reinvigorated Communist ideals, and social engineering."--Provided by the publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Arranged marriage > Fiction.
China > Fiction.